A number of the series listed below originate from public domain data, in principle available from their original government source. Our value-added lies in the data cleaning, error checking, and processing of the data. For example, raw FBI firearms background check data are not equivalent to sales and thus need to be processed first. Likewise, it is not straightforward to extract import/export data from the government’s raw data source and numerous interpretative cautions apply. Some annual domestic production data are available only via FOIA request. And so on. Contact us at sales@SmallArmsAnalytics.com to discuss your data needs.
- Firearms Demand & Forecasts
- Historical U.S. firearms unit sales data going back to January 1999, by month, by state (except Hawaii), by weapons type (handgun, long-gun, other).
- U.S. firearms demand and unit sales forecasts by weapons type (handgun, long-gun, other), by U.S. state (except Hawaii). Forecasts can be by month, by quarter, by year, or multi-year.
- Firearms & Ammunition Production & Imports/Exports
- Geo-referenced annual production data on over 6,000 U.S.-based firearms manufacturing premises, going back to 1986.
- Firearms and ammunition import/export trade data for the United States. This is monthly unit-level data and we can drill down to specific countries and weapons or ammunition categories.
- Firearms & Ammunition Pricing
- Monthly small arms and ammunition price index data, with data going back into the 1940s.
- Average firearms wholesale-level prices, with annual inflation-adjusted data going back to 1980.
- Industry-Wide Data
- Dollar-value of U.S. firearms and ammunition industry. We have unique annual industry data going back to 1920. Available in nominal and inflation-adjusted values.
- Current lists of Federal Firearms Licensees (FFL’s).